Pages

Thursday 15 December 2011

Fallen Angel


A chill follows as I walk into the room
And that overpowering stench of scorched flesh
I see nothing, but feel the presence of hers.
Fear crawls over me; I know she moves but makes no sound
And all the while watches me with those razor like eyes.

" I know you are there and I have felt you before" I shout.
A warmth envelopes me and the room seems empty now.
Who is this demon in my head that leaves me when I scream
To go away to return when I am unprepared; unaware
A perpetual emptiness; a loneliness that I cannot spare?

Weep if you want, or yell or better beg.
Pop pills or drink yourself till you are almost dead.
What you want most is that you can never have.
Cause you have never learnt to love your own self.
The shadow will vanquish you to the brink of insanity.

She is back again, now I see her blurred in the mirror
Bound by the chains of her own images and errors.
She speaks not, nor seeks any help; just stares
Angels say that if I stop tracing her patterns in my heart
I can see her clear; for she is nobody but a fallen me. 



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! beautiful one anjali!! the title, the poem and the photo goes hand in hand...loved reading it!!

Loved the philosophy in it...after all its our shadow with errors from past which make us feel trapped and thus we forget the most important thing of loving us!!

- Shyam Prasad Kumpati

Anonymous said...

Gone through the writing repeated times...It's touched a string of truth..It's true for everyone of us if we spend some time to reflect on our past and present...One thought...It's "me" who has fallen..Angel is showing it to me..So why fallen "Angel"...???

- Sourav Kumar

Anjali Tirkey said...

Hi Sourav Kumar. The poem needs a bit of editing but my mind just stopped working last night.
The title fallen angel is the subject or the writer......as I believe an angel living in each of us which we fail to see due to ignorance.

The word angels in the last stanza is no mythical angels....but the wise ones in the world who know that the demons, angels, god, etc etc are all residing within us. But please feel free to have your own interpretations.

Thanks Shyam Prasad for liking it.

Hugs
Anjali

Pal said...

very raw description of moments some of us have experienced....

Anjali Tirkey said...

Thanks Pal....

Hugs,
Anjali

Post a Comment